- Schedule your exercise like any other important appointment. Write it on your calendar each day and don't cancel!
- Exercise earlier in the day if possible. Get it done so that it is not something that you may dread later and then put on the back burner.
- Be accountable! Exercise w/ a friend or trainer. Find someone w/ a similar fitness goal and meet up to exercise or find a group fitness class or personal trainer to help you meet your goals.
- Choose a realistic fitness goal. Whether its playing more singles or running your first 5K. These are more realistic than trying to start out training for a marathon or striving to be club champ by next month. But what great long term goals these would be!
- Include good nutrition as a part of your healthier lifestyle! Reward yourself w/ things other than food! Try a fitness app for your smart phone: MyFitnessPal is a great one to help you track your calories in / out.
- Make exercise a habit! If you are still active by March...you are on the road to a more fit YOU!
And by the way, no one is perfect, if you slip up and miss a workout or two, get right back to it tomorrow. Don't wait for next January to make this next year's resolution!
Assistant Tennis Director
Chapel Hill Tennis Club
919-929-5248 ext. 106